Construction Law/TOC

Question
Mr.Wael,
Is there is a taking over certificate to the sub-contractor ?
What is the official document between the main contractor and the sub-contractor has the same purpose of the TOC.

Answer
Dear abdo,
it depends on the taking over mechanism agreed in the contract between the main contractor and subcontractor. It may vary from simple signing off on the check list to issuing a formal take over certificate for full or part of the works. In the absence of any mention about the take over mechanism, we may use the same format and process to take over the works from subcontractor - as there is only a marginal time gap between main contractor takes over from subcontractor and hands over to the owner.
I hope this clarifies.
regards,
r sivaraman

Construction Law

R.Sivaraman