Construction Law/Clause 20.1 FIDIC 99

Question
Dear sir
I  am a construction manager for a FIDIC 99 contract
In the contract there is a clause instituting the client to release provisional sums within 180 days from date of commencement .
If the client released the provisional sum beyond the 180 days border and the contractor did not follow clause 20.1 to give notice to the client as per clause 20.1will he still be entitled for EOT

Answer
Dear Mr Mohamed,
Sorry for the delayed response.
as per FIDIC, if the contractor does not give notice to the owner about the financial and time implications due to the delay in releasing the provisional sum, he CANNOT claim EOT on this basis.
hope I have clarified.
regards,
r sivaraman

Construction Law

R.Sivaraman