Construction Law/performance bond

Question
the employer have several branches with head office in UK,

as per contract the contractor shall submit a performance bond addressed to employer -UK address.

as the contract is in middle east the contractor bank want to issue the bond to the employer address in the middle east
is that ok ?

Answer
Hi Noor
If the words in the Contract require that the bond be issued to the UK address then that is what should happen if one of the parties object to any change.
However there is nothing to stop the contracting parties from changing this by written agreement and it seems that the Bond Holder (bank) wants this to happen.
So get an agreement from the UK employer but he may be reluctant if the Middle East bank is serving both the Contractor and ME subsidiary - which would create a conflict of interest.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro