Construction Law/quantity surveying

Question
Under an adjusted FIDIC contract (lump sum), a variation omits an entire item. The actual quantity of this item is less than quantity of the BOQ. Would you omit the exact quantity of such item or omit the BOQ quantity which is incorrect?

Answer
Dear Mr. Moataz,
Thank you for your question
Answering very briefly, the lump sum price contract is based on provisions in drawings and specifications and BOQ is only there to assist in the interim payments. Coming to your specific question, i will omit the quantity of the item as per calculations  based on taking off from the  relevant drawings. I will not consider BOQ quantities
Regards and best wishes
Liaqat Hayat

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat