Construction Law/CLAIM FOR EOT

Question
Dear sir,
I am a contractor in Bahrain,constructing a project with lump sum contract.
The joinery work is ps item.My scope of work is already delay by 2 months so far and early start date of joinery was the month of march and that time the site was not ready to receive the joinery.By any other reason client has not nominated the contractor for said work.
Now we realize that all activity can be covered up with the contract time except joinery.
So how can we claim for EOT?
Please advise.

Thanks and regards,

Parwez

Answer
Dear Parwez,

I,am unable to understand that what are the conditions of your Lumpsum Contract.Apparently,it seems that your joinery work has delayed due to the fault of the Client.In principal,you can claim EoT and the cost claim for the delay period,but it will depends on the terms and conditions of your lumpsum Contract.Your claim may involve overhead charges and the financing charges of the delay period.You may claim the fccm cost of equipment and other idle resources.

regards

Engr, Arshad mahmood  

Construction Law

Arshad Mahmood