Construction Law/Late Payments and Honouring Interim Certificates

In the Standard form of contract, with quantities, When does payment become overdue, in relation to honouring Interim Certificates on a Construction Contract? The default times in the contract are: 28 days for the employer to make payment after the Interim Certificate is presented to him/her. The period of Interim Certificate is 30 days.

In the Appendices the period of Interim Certificates is written (by the parties on signing): as 14 days, and the period to honour certificates as 15 days.

How does this affect the 28 days mentioned initially, in the clause 30 (1)?

Dear Bradley
I am trying to reply your question with best of my knowledge.
The conditions of Appendices will supersedes the conditions are of standard form of contract in the clause 30(1)and the employer should make the payment within 14 days after submission of interim payments.
Any further clarification in this regard will appreciable and will feel proud to serve you.

With due regards

Construction Law

Sanjay Khandelwal

I can answer related to the various construction contracts forms related with disputes and claims.Expertise in to evalute the extension of time,cost and profit claims.I can answer regarding the contract management in civil works.

I have the experience of construction industry, as a consultants,executor of construction activities of infrastructure development like road and buildings. I have the experience of various software related to design of highways and quantity evaluation.

I am life member of Indian Road Congress,INDIA I am presently employed with M/s Lion Engineering Consultants,INDIA

My educational qualifications are as below: I am engineering graduate from MITS, INDIA,1987 I have completed my Post graduation from NIT,INDIA,2011