Construction Law/Rejection of Contractor's Notice

Question
Form of Contract: FIDIC MDB Harmonized Edition 2010

Dear Sir,

In above mentioned form of Contract, is the Engineer vested with authority to outrightly "reject" Contractor's Notice to the Engineer given under any of the GCC sub-clauses (such as 8.4, 20.1, 1.9, 17.4 etc.) without even consulting the matter with the Contractor and without asking for any contemporary record or other available evidence / information?

If 'the Engineer' follows this practice, what might be a remedy under provisions of FIDIC MDB Harmonized Edition 2010?

Regards.

Answer
Dear Muhammad

I am extremely sorry for not answering your question for so long. Actually I did not have excess to the internet. Now that it has already become too late you might have received a reply from somewhere else. I would suggest to go to the 'Linkedin page' and approach "Construction Claims Expert Group". Under the "Discussion" you will find exactly the same topic and there are views from many experts on the topic. You will find this very useful in your case.

I apologize for the inordinate delay once again.

Regards

Abdul Majid Khan  

Construction Law

Abdul Majid Khan