Construction Law/Impacted As-planned Analysis

Dear Sir
I have met a real time scenario where an Impacted As-planned delay analysis is being performed retrospectively in order to identify the impact of some alleged delays. I know it's not a favourable method but in the absence of any updates, the baseline schedule is all we got!

We have a curious situation at hand because some activities, originally in the baseline schedule, were cancelled later during the project execution. Do you advise that i delete it from the baseline schedule (what should i do with the links to both predecessors and successors?) or should i just change the duration of this cancelled activity to Zero while keeping it and its links?
I hope i made myself clear.
Thanks for your time

Dear Abed,

I am not an expert in TIA.  I would not delete the activities, but reduce their durations to zero, which would have the minimum effect on the analysis.  However, I would consider the timing of the instruction to omit the work and the possible disruption effect.  

Construction Law

Peter M. Elliott

First response to queries regarding extensions of time, variations orders, site instructions and payment using FIDIC and other forms of Conditions of Contract, based on English Law, and derivatives only. Anyone who needs advice about EoT should download and study the SCL Delay & Disruption Protocol before submitting a question.

Value . . .
It's unwise to pay too much, but it's unwise to pay too little. When you pay too much you lose a little money, that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing you bought it to do.
The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it's well to add something for the risk you run.
And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.
. . . John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)
"We are too poor to buy something cheap"
.Romanian Proverb 2002
A lean compromise is better than a fat lawsuit. George Herbert (English poet 1593-1633)
I said it in Hebrew, I said it in Dutch,
I said it in German and Greek:
But I wholly forgot (and it vexes me much)
That English is what you speak!" Hunting of the Snark - Lewis Caroll
Match your presentation to the reader!
The joy of food lasts but an hour, of sleep but a day, of a woman, but a month, but the joy of a building lasts a lifetime. Syrian proverb.
Comments and observations leading to improvements in the translation of FIDIC Red & Yellow books into Romanian prior to approval by FIDIC (reference 'Preface to the Romanian edition')

Institution of Civil Engineers, Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants, Society of Construction Law, Dispute Resolution Board Foundation

B Sc(Hons) in Civil Engineering