Construction Law/termination

Question
QUESTION: The subcontractor are not getting paid by the main contractor because the employer is not issung payment for whatever reasons.

The subcontractor is using clause 16 of fidic 99 to terminate his contract with the main contractor.

What recourse does the main contractor has towards the employer?

what is the solution to that.

Regards

soomun

ANSWER: Dear Soomun
Hello!
Please clarify the details for which type of solution you need.

With due regards

SANJAY KHANDELWAL

QUESTION: Dear Sanjay

What is the consequences according to FIDIC 99 when a nominated subcontractor terminate his contract with the main contractor.

what is the risk for the contractor? and how the Employer will pay?

Regards

Answer
Dear Soomun
Hello!
You are welcome with clarification. I am trying my best to reply to your satisfaction. If nominated contractor terminate his contract with main contractor then contractor contractor can raise the objection for employment of nominated subcontractor to the Engineer under clause 5.2.
An objection shall be reasonable and Employer agrees in writing to indemnify the contractor against and from the consequences of the matter, then contractor can employ a nominated subcontractor against whom the contractor raises reasonable objections.
I hope this will clarify the matter.
with due regards
SANJAY KHANDELWAL

Construction Law

Sanjay Khandelwal