Construction Law/EOT

Question
Dear Mr. Peter,

I hope you are doing well

I am working as senior QS in UAE. I have a general query related to extension of time. In concurrent delays where the delay has occurred both from the Contractor and the Employer (For example, The employer attributable delay is 120 days and the contractor attributable delay is 70 days) , under what circumstances the Contractor can claim the prolongation costs for the delays attributable to the Contractors risk and responsibility for the above scenario. I am aware that the Contractor is eligible for the enTire 120 days for EOT

Best Regards,

SAJI

Answer
Dear Sanjay,

You do not mention the form of contract nor the applicable law.  The entitlement to costs, and what kind of costs, varies from contract to contract.

As with all questions regarding delay and costs, I suggest that people download and study the SCL Protocol on Delay and Disruption www.eotprotocl.com which has been updated recently.  There are other guides published by American organisations, but they are more complicated to my mind.  

Construction Law

Peter M. Elliott