Construction Law/green book

Question
please i need to know about the FIDIC green book and the difference betwen it and the red book?
thank you so much?

Answer
Dear Rasha,

Thanks for your question and please accept my apology for replying late.

To be very honest with you, you can not know all or much on FIDIC green book from the brief moments we have here and it is not going to be a one and for all thing butyou can know basic information about green book and as you study it along with the red book, you will get a better and deeper understanding. Having said this, i will give a brief description of both and suggest areas of their use on projects.

FIDIC Green book is a form of Contract condition which has been designed to be use with a contract for projects with a relatively small duration or small amount. It has been compiled with compacted wordings in relatively short and concise form to cater for contract administration of a project with small budgets and smaller nature of execution activities that are not of complex nature. This usually is a contract for civil engineering works designed by Employer of smaller size in nature. These may be like construction of one no borehole, construction of culverts of few numbers; house utility connections and the likes.

Red book on the other side has been designed also for contract for construction of civil engineering works designed by the employer which are not of a smaller scope, smaller duration and not also of smaller sum. Of course, these are usually of a bigger scope, bigger budgets and completion time is also a relatively small one.

Hope this clears you doubt. If there is any other thing, please let me know.

Regards.

Femi

Construction Law

Femi Alofe