Construction Law/Liquidated Damages

Question
Greetings

We are working on fiddic 87 modified,in water line projects the contractor was delayed by more than 365 days & finally PAC was issued but client wants to apply LD due to the delay what guide lines as a client engineer I have to follow to apply LD.Contrcat documents clauses says amount of delay penalty-10% of final contract price.

Thanks
Shoaib

Answer
Dear Shoaib,

Sorry for late reply, but can you inform that is there any pending request of time extension of the Contractor or any other reason for delay present or not ?

Otherwise, I believe that the 365 days is extensive delay and full amount of LD may be deducted from the receivables of the Contractor (Retention Money + Final Bill + Performance Security) as 10%.

Best Regards

IRVALI

Construction Law

ALI IRVALI