Construction Law/FIDIC taking over certificate

Question

The contract is based on FIDIC Silver book 1999,
Please advise whether an employer is able to claim damages after issuing a taking over certificate? Some sources the taking over certificate discharges the contractor from further liability under the contract.. ?

Many thanks

Answer
Dear Sir
Hello!
I am trying to reply your querry regarding the matter, whether employer is liable to claim damages after issuing the taking over certificate?
I sence of contract taking over certicate issued to utilised the facility it was made for it: it implies that contract is applicable up to the time period when completion certificate will be issued after expiry of DLP period. So that claim can be impose under the contract by the employer even after acceptace of work or after issuing taking over certificate. contractor will be discharges only after getting performance/completion certificate.

I hope this will help to you.

Construction Law

Sanjay Khandelwal