Construction Law/Interim Payment Certificate

Question
Assalam o Alaikum

Dear Sir

My Question is that:

If Contractor submits Interim Payment Certificate(IPC) after issuance of Taking Over Certificate of the Project. Should it be accepted for payment or it should be returned and the Contractor should be asked to Submit the Statement at Completion as per Clause 14.10. ? Can Employer return the IPC on this excuse.

Regards

Abdul Waheed

Answer
Dear Waheed Sahib,
Thank you for your question.
The purpose of two seperate provisions under clause 14.3 and 14.10 indicate these as two distinctly different stages in work progress for payment purposes and need not be changed unless both sides agree otherwise through an amendment to the contract.Hence the ipc can be returned on this basis
regards-liaqat hayat

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat