Construction Law/Interim Payment Certificate

Assalam o Alaikum

Dear Sir

My Question is that:

If Contractor submits Interim Payment Certificate(IPC) after issuance of Taking Over Certificate of the Project. Should it be accepted for payment or it should be returned and the Contractor should be asked to Submit the Statement at Completion as per Clause 14.10. ? Can Employer return the IPC on this excuse.

Abdul Waheed

Dear Waheed Sahib,
Thank you for your question.
The purpose of two seperate provisions under clause 14.3 and 14.10 indicate these as two distinctly different stages in work progress for payment purposes and need not be changed unless both sides agree otherwise through an amendment to the contract.Hence the ipc can be returned on this basis
regards-liaqat hayat

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat

I can answer questions based on FIDIC 4 and FIDIC 1999 [design-build] with particular reference to time extension , price adjustment and disputes. I am in particular more inclined for response to points pertaining to how claims should be framed and put up in case of technical or other contractual shortcomings. Regarding procurement matters I have spent over 5 years as procurement specialist for highway authority and dealt with numerous claims and disputes in the capacity of "The Engineer" .