Construction Law/fees for coordination charges & Attanedance

Dear Sir,

I have signed a contract with agreement for civil and finishing works and to get coordination charges in general for all other works such as MEP, aluminum, swimming pool, etc., and agreed during the project to claim the amount of such fee after handing over the work.

then client management replaced their staff with new personals.

Some of the materials were supplied by the client.

Upon requesting the amounts of all subcontractor that I have coordinated with and equipment supplied by the clients such AC Units and doors, to enable me claim the coordinated charges of 3%.

then I was surprised from the new representative asking me to clarify the definition of coordination charges, and asking me to support this by which standards or common practice.

Note that some subcontractors were using my equipment and scaffolding materials.

My question.
1- What or where I can find documents(standard codes or practice, Fidic or ...) explain for him the meaning of coordination charges and what it should get.
2- Do I apply 3% in all materials by subcontractors and/also the equipment supplied by the client.

please advice me of reference or documents support my claim.

Dear Ashraf Sb,
Thank you for your question and like to respond as follows
1.There are know standard codes but standard forms of bidding documents. The refereed coordination charges relate to processing of shop drawings by co-ordinating agency, samples and other submittals for approval in connection with the execution of works. This also cover usage of main contractor's and scaffolding materials by others.
2. Basically it depends upon the terms agreed in the contract but i assume that these coordination charges are applicable where ever your efforts are involved.
Liaqat Hayat.

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat

I can answer questions based on FIDIC 4 and FIDIC 1999 [design-build] with particular reference to time extension , price adjustment and disputes. I am in particular more inclined for response to points pertaining to how claims should be framed and put up in case of technical or other contractual shortcomings. Regarding procurement matters I have spent over 5 years as procurement specialist for highway authority and dealt with numerous claims and disputes in the capacity of "The Engineer" .