Construction Law/Can a contract administrator resign

Please can you advise me if a contract administrator can resign?

The building project is a 5 bedroom house in the UK, that has taken over 5 years to complete to due to:

- the client making changes and moving into the property before completion,

- the contractor making errors and employing subcontractors that then went into administration.

The project is still not finished and the contractor has only done minor snagging work since July 2014

The contract administrator is in his 70's and would like to resign as the contract should have completed after 18 months.

Is this possible? what are the likely ramifications of the resignation?

Thank you

Hi Adrian
The contract administrator can resign at any time.
There will be a mechanism for his replacement.
It would appear that the project needs someone to give it a good shake up.
Contact me on if you need my assistance.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro

Anything related to extensions of time and delay analysis.

45 years in the Construction Industry 15 Years as a consultant delay analyst - I now hold myself to be expert in this field.

Society of Construction Law Adjudication Society ex Planning Engineers Organisation

6 articles on the relevance of the India Contract Act 1872 and its relevance to modern construction in India. Waiting Publication

Associate Member of the Institue of Building

Currently employed in India by Punj Lloyd as expert delay analyst. Engaged in ongoing arbitrations and EoT claims. Prior an Indepenent consultant in delay analysis.