Construction Law/Joint Venture

Dear Sir:
Can a pre-qualified contractor "A" and a pre-qualified JV "AB" (JV of firms A and B) both bid for one and the same project at one time? We follow PEC bidding documents under PPRA rules. Thanks

Dear Hidayathullah Khan ,
Thank you for your question.
i feel under the circumstance there should be no problem unless specifically provided for or forbidden in the contractual provision. In fact the concept joint venture concept introduction is to pool resources of one party with another party to increase the capacity of the resulting set up and is acceptable. in your case the two parties are now a joint venture and one is not a joint venture. it is therefore should be acceptable.
Please comeback if you  still have any query on  subject  

Liaqat Hayat  

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat

I can answer questions based on FIDIC 4 and FIDIC 1999 [design-build] with particular reference to time extension , price adjustment and disputes. I am in particular more inclined for response to points pertaining to how claims should be framed and put up in case of technical or other contractual shortcomings. Regarding procurement matters I have spent over 5 years as procurement specialist for highway authority and dealt with numerous claims and disputes in the capacity of "The Engineer" .