Construction Law/underpriced item in boq

Dear sir

one of the item in our boq " Isolation valve"  is highly under priced than the actual value now the client wants to double its qty.

Can we go for a star rate stating that the boq rate is inadequate to cover the expense.

Contract is fixed priced lumpsum based on fidic 1987
Thankd and regards

Hi Rohith
You have to follow the rules on valuation of variations set down in the contract.
Usually if the work is identical then the contract rate applies.
If the valve was highly overpriced you would be annoyed if the client tried to reduce the price.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro

Anything related to extensions of time and delay analysis.

45 years in the Construction Industry 15 Years as a consultant delay analyst - I now hold myself to be expert in this field.

Society of Construction Law Adjudication Society ex Planning Engineers Organisation

6 articles on the relevance of the India Contract Act 1872 and its relevance to modern construction in India. Waiting Publication

Associate Member of the Institue of Building

Currently employed in India by Punj Lloyd as expert delay analyst. Engaged in ongoing arbitrations and EoT claims. Prior an Indepenent consultant in delay analysis.