Construction Law/Contract law

Question
FIDIC contract Harmonized version 2006 English Law
A highway section one km long 4 lane in the original contract was changed to 2 lane by the Engineer on Employer's request. The contractor had ordered geotextile material and pvds for the 4 lane. After using a reduced quantity for the two lane road he handed over the balance quantity to the Employer. The Engineer certified payment at the BOQ rate which is lower than the price he paid. Contractor claims the actual cost he paid. Tendered rate is below cost. Is the contractor entitled to payment at actual cost?
Thank you for a expert reply.
Mututantree

Answer
Dear Mututantree
Hello!
I am taking this opportunity to reply your question. In this circumstances, Engineer has to evaluate the payment as per provisions of subclause 12.3 FIDIC contract Harmonised version 2006. The new rates will be evaluated as per the rates prevail in the market. Therefore, contractor is entitled to get cost and appropriate proffit over the price.
I hope this will help to you.

Construction Law

Sanjay Khandelwal