Construction Law/Necessity to be approved the materials for performed Works on Fidic Red Book

Question
Question:
It is true that only in the case of Works carried out on FIDIC Yellow Book contracts, it must be approved by the Engineer the materials and not required to be approved materials by Engineer, in case of the FIDIC Red Book contract?
By accepting the offer, also the materials were actually approved, it is not correct?

Answer
Dear Anneliese
Hello!
I am taking the opportunity to understand your question and trying to reply;
In the case of of FIDIC RED BOOK contract materials and source of materials also required to get approved from Engineer. Acceptance of the offer only for prices of the items ; it is not correct that by acceptance of offer the materials were also approved.
I hope this will help to you otherwise comeback with follow up question for further clarifications in this matter.  

Construction Law

Sanjay Khandelwal