Construction Law/contract sum variation

Question
Can a contract sum be varied during the defects liability period since the contractor is yet to be discharged during this period. As you answer the question, keep in mind that the said contract adopts part i and ii conditions of the FIDIC IV 1992 Contract Red Book. Your response to this question is highly appreciated. THANK YOU.

Answer
Dear Joan,

My answer is Yes because, in accordance with the clause 62.1, the Contract shall not be considered as completed until a Defects Liability Certificate shall have been signed by the Engineer and delivered to the Employer. Only Defects Liability Certificate provides end to the Contract between Parties.

Best Regards

IRVALI

Construction Law

ALI IRVALI