Construction Law/Claim against idle of resources

Respected Sir,
As a principle contractor I am involved in a housing project in India worth of nearly 70 million USD. I am trying to identify and establish "Claim against Idle of resources" for several reasons not attributable to us so that amount could be asked for compensation. The project belongs to Govt of India and there is no clear provision in the contract. How can I establish such claim logically , what steps should I need to follow - if you kindly advise ,

Thanks & Regards -
Kallol Seal"

HI kallol

Thanks for your question.

Actually claim for idling of resources is based on site access issue. if the client is not able to provide the access to the site and you have reserve the resources for the project and they are not working on any other project, than you can claim money for that. but it is very hard to prove that, what resources and what is the idling time etc.

Best way to claim this money through the Prolongation cost.

if the access is delayed, this is a sure shot claim for delay and client can not deny this event.

so you can claim all time related cost for prolongation of contract period. under this claim you can make claim for idling of resources.

I hope this will address your query.

Please leave a positive feedback for me

Construction Law

Vineet Shrivastava

I can answer any question on 1. Project Planning 2. Delay Analysis - Extension of Time 3. Project Management 4. Contract Management 5. Construction Methodology I can't Answer any question 1. Cost related issues

I have 22 year experience in construction industries at Singapore, India and Australia. I worked as Planning Manager and delay analyst for contractor. I am currently working with claim consultancy as Associate Director.

Navigant Consulting APAC Pte Ltd E C Harris Sinagpore Pte Ltd McConnell Dowell SEA Pte Ltd Kajima Oversea Asia Pte Ltd Taisei Corporation

B.E (Civil), PGDMA(PM), Graduate Diploma (Const. Management), MSc (Intl. Const. Management),LLM In Construction Law (Arbitration & Adjudication), FSIArb, MCIArb, MIES, MSIB MIIAM, MMIArb