Construction Law/Overheads Cost

Dear Mr. Manish
thanks for the volunteer services being offered by your expertise.

I have one question, as per general practice in Lumpsum type of Contract the Engineer's fee % is  applied over and above to the Contractor's Cost i.e.[Contractor's direct+ Indirect + OH and Profit] or else. Need your expertise to share.

Looking forward, best regards

Dear Sheraz

Thanks for your query.

Your question is not very clear. However my understanding is that you intend to estimate a percentage for Consultant's fee (in your case - The Engineer) from overall Project Budget.
If my understanding is correct, yes you need to consider all-inclusive Cost of that particular project and then apply a percentage to get a ball park amount of Consultant's fee.
Please follow-up with more details in case you need further advise.

Best Regards

Manish Gupta

Construction Law

Manish Gupta

I can answer questions related to Cost Planning, Contract Administration, Construction Law & Other Post Contract QS related areas.

7 Years with Contractors 12 plus Years with Owners & Consultants

Calgary Project Consultants, Jacobs International, Turner International, J Ray McDermott Inc. Hindustan Construction Company

MRICS, MCIArb, BE (Civil), PGDCM LLM-Constuction Law in Arbitration and Adjudication