Construction Law/Wrong Payment Approval by the Engineer

The construction work is not  finished but the Engineer approved the final payment and sent it to the employer and   the Contractor

Hi Fekadu,

Thanks for your question.

In general, if dispute exists, you may resolve it through either of the following dispute resolution techniques:

•Mediation or conciliation
•Expert determination

However, to enable me to answer your question more accurately, please state the form of contract employed between the contracting parties.

Kind regards,

Rofel Ningal

Construction Law

Rofel Ningal

Questions related to Construction Law, Conditions of Contract, Contract Terms & Conditions, Claims, Contract Administration, etc.

Having more than 10 years extensive experience in international companies, including working in the UAE, Qatar and Philippines, both for private and public sectors, such as, Government, Project Management, Consultancy and Construction provide a wider perspective in analyzing the issues related to Construction Law and the like to provide advice in a fair and reasonable manner, in accordance with the applicable Contract Terms and Conditions. The hands-on experience I had for preparing cost proposal for variations; daily correspondences protecting the rights of my organization under contract; preparation and finalization of contract/agreement; preparation, negotiation and finalization of claims for extension of time and associated cost, etc. will be useful to understand the details of every question asked. With experience working in a project administered by FIDIC Form of Contract (Red and Yellow), Public Works Authority (Qatar) Conditions of Contract, etc.

Philippine Institute of Certified Quantity Surveyors Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers

BSc in Civil Engineering - West Negros University MBA in Construction (Units only) - Manchester Business School Worldwide

Licensed Civil Engineer at the age of 20

Public Works Authority (Qatar), Roads & Transport Authority (UAE), Qatar Foundation (Qatar), Qatar Real Estate Investment Co., ALDAR Properties (UAE)