Construction Law/FIDIC Yellow Sub-Clause 4.10

Question
Hello Mr. Dowse,

A large design and build project in Africa using the FIDIC Yellow form has thrown up an interesting possibility in respect of Sub-Clause 4.10 [Site Data]. The water for the Works may be from a borehole if the local authority supply is not sufficient. However the borehole water is not fit for consumption in it's current state. Treatment will be required. Whilst the supply of local authority water is not constant, and the Contractor would have been aware of this at tender stage, would it be deemed practicable that the Contractor should have taken and tested a water sample during the tender stage? I appreciate the Clause refers to Cost and time in relation to what is practicable, but I would appreciate some feedback nonetheless.

Thanks,

BG

Answer
Dear Brian,

Thank you for this question.

Can I ask that thou e-mail me directly (info@cerno.org) as I have a few points to raise which may be better addressed away from this forum.

I hope that this assists you.

Kind regards,
John Dowse
Follow me on Twitter: @CernoOrg
For my regular industry newsletter e-mail to info@cerno.org, stating SUBSCRIBE in the subject line

Training and consulting services are available, bespoke to companies and individuals.
John Dowse can be contacted by e-mail to info@cerno.org (When e-mailing, please include “AllExperts” in the subject line.)

Construction Law

John Dowse