Construction Law/Courses for construction law

Question
Hello Sir,

I am studying B.E in civil engineering and will be graduating in 4 months. I would like to take up a job in construction law profile. Can you please suggest me what courses should I do before I take up a job and please let me know about the career opportunities related to this field.

Answer
Dear Vinuthna,

Your options for a future career path are either in consultancy or in a formal legal environment. As a precursor to both it would be good for you to look at studying for a Masters degree in construction law. If you choose the formal legal career then you would have t pursue further studies for the professional legal qualifications. However, possibly the best advice is for you to get some practical constriction experience in the first instance and identify which areas you are particularly keen on. That will guide your future decisions and will give you an understanding of the industry for the practical side, which many attorneys lack.

Thank you for this question.

I hope that this assists you.

Kind regards,
John Dowse

Follow me on Twitter: @CernoOrg
For my regular industry newsletter e-mail to info@cerno.org, stating SUBSCRIBE in the subject line; or visit www.cerno.org

Training and consulting services are available, bespoke to companies and individuals.
John Dowse can be contacted by e-mail to info@cerno.org (When e-mailing, please include “AllExperts” in the subject line.)

Construction Law

John Dowse