Construction Law/Delayed payment for second and third installment of advance payment

Question
Dear Alina,
Hello, I am Farzad Gooya from Iran. I am project manager in a dam project in north of Iran. First I appologize that my English language is not good enough. I work for a construction company named Ev-Yol that is project contractor.
I have a problem with our Engineer and Employer about delayed payment of 2nd and 3rd installment of advance payment in our Design and Built contract.... Clause 14.7 & 14.8.
Engineer says that in 14.7 is not mentiond about installments except the first. So no delayed payment shall be charged to contractor.
I ask you some instruction about this prblem and how I can get the Engineer agreement.
Best Regards,
Farzad Gooya

Answer
Dear Farzad,
For the first installment of the advance payment, the Sub-clauses 14.7 (a) and 14.8 will apply. For the second and third installments of the advance payment, the Sub-clauses 14.3 (d), 14.6, 14.7 (b) and 14.8, therefore 14.7 and 14.8 are applicable.
Hope it helps.
Best regards,
Alina
P.S.: Your English is very good - at least for the contracts' purposes. My mother tongue is not English, either, but I guess we are able to communicate well enough. All the best in your project!

Construction Law

Alina Valentina Oprea