Construction Law/Prolongation Cost

Question
Dear Sir
In accordance with FIDIC Red Book 1999, delay caused by other than the Contractor as mentioned in the Sub-Clause 8.4 (a), (c), (d) & (e); the Contractor is only entitle to EOT (not Prolongation Cost), under Sub -Clause 8.4[Extension of Time for Completion].

Because the Sub-Clause 8.4,not mention any Cost inured by the Contractor due to EOT.

Then under what Sub-Clause, the Contractor has to claim Prolongation Cost.

Answer
Hi Sudantha
The simple answer to your question is that there isn't one - there are many.
If you look at the relevant clause that allows you to claim an extension of time it will say if you are allowed to claim costs as a result of the delay.
Such as 4.12 Unforeseeable Physical Conditions
or clause 13 - Variations and Adjustments.
You will not find the word "prolongation" in the document but the word "costs" will include the cost of extended prelims for delay.
It must be COST not value so make sure your cost records are complete and up to date.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro