Construction Law/Definition of Specialist Scaffolding

Question
Dear Sir,

I am facing a situation between a Main Contractor and a Nominated Subcontractor, whereby the contract document states that General Scaffolding will be provided by the MC, while the Specialist Scaffolding is provided by the NSC. There is a lack of clarity about the definition of the "SPECIALIST SCAFFOLDING". Can you advise the definition of the "SPECIALIST SCAFFOLDING", referring to specific references such as RICS publications and the like?

Answer
Hi Moataz
The simple answer is any scaffolding that the Main Contractor does not need for the construction of the building - that would be specialist scaffolding.
For instance if the Nominated Sub Contractor had to reach a high level in an atrium and needed a birdcage scaffold to do his work that would be specialist scaffolding.
If however the contractor needed to put up a birdcage scaffold to install the atrium roof then that would be general scaffolding.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro