Construction Law/Valuation of PS

Dear Sir

According to the FIDIC 1999 Red Book, SCL 13.5 (b), the Contractor shall insert his percentage for adjustment of PS in Appendix to Tender.

However in the BOQ also has a provision to insert his attendance fee and OH&P, based on PS amount.

Therefore during the post contract stage, what method the PQS has to pay to the Contractor, either in accordance with Appendix to Tender or BOQ.

Dear Sudantha,

I extremely sorry for late answering.In fact,it was ignored/mishandled in bundle of emails received.
Anyhow ,here is answer of your Q.

As per my understanding,It should be dealt as per %age mentioned in Appendix to Tender, as under sub-clause 1.5 [Priority of Documents], General conditions have the priority over Schedules.

Engr.Arshad Mahmood  

Construction Law

Arshad Mahmood

I may answer to the questions relating to FIDIC 4th as well as FIDIC 2010 MDB Harmonized version,price adjustment ,Variations,Eot and Cost claims,EPC Contract,Bidding Document,consultancy Contracts,certification,Standard Forms, Dispute resolution; and others pertaining to Contract implementation.

Contract management and Contract Administration, using FIDIC Conditions of 4th Addition as well as Fidic 1999 Red, Yellow and Silver Books including MDB Harmonized Edition 2010. Particularly in the area of Procurement of Contracts, Certification,Price Adjustment, variations,disputes management, EoT and Cost Claims; and other contractual issues arises from time to time during currecy of the Contracts.

Member -Pakistan Engineering Council Member -Pakistan Engineering Congress Member -FIDIC Organisation

Joint Venture and Consortium Agreements for Pakistan Engineering Council,Pakistan

BSc Civil Engineering; Basic Management course; Hydro power Projects; and various other on Job Trainings

Commendation Certificate for the excellent management qualities and dedication at Ghazi Barotha Hydropower Project; and Certificate of Excellent work performed during Survey Camp.

Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA),Associate Consulting Engineer(ACE) and National Engineering services Pakistan(Pvt.) Limited (NESPAK)