Construction Law/PB vs PCG

Question
Dear Sir

What is the difference between the Performance Bond and Parent Company Guarantee.

What is the advantage of Parent Company Guarantee instead of Performance Bond for the Employer.

Br

Sudantha

Answer
Hi Sudantha
A performance bond is a sum of money that a third party - usually a bank - will promise to pay to the employer if the contractor defaults on the contract. The contractor pays the bank a fee to cover the bond. It is a type of insurance. If the contract is extended then the contractor has to pay more to extend the bond.
A parent company guarantee is where the head company of a group promises to pay for any default of its subsidiary. This gives the employer security if the subsidiary decides to go bust and escape its debts.
Best regards
Mike T.

Construction Law

Mike Testro