Construction Law/Security

Question
Dear Sir

What is the difference between the Performance Bond and Parent Company Guarantee.

What is the advantage of Parent Company Guarantee instead of Performance Bond for the Employer.

Br

Sudantha

Answer
dear sir.
very briefly,I understand as follows
1.Both are guarantees, one issued by an independent bank/financial setup while PCG is from the group of which the contracting party is a part or associate.
2.in parent company guarantee there is no premium to pay nor any period specified normally as it is within corporate responsibility of the group whereas it is altogether opposite.It may however be understood that a lone party cannot avail PCG.
Regards-liaqat hayat

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat