Construction Law/FIDIC red Book 1999

Question
Dear Sir,
Is it right considering the drawings supplied by the client at the tender phase as execution drawings?

Answer
Dear Claudio,

Thank you for this question.

Under the FIDIC Red Book the Employer performs the design except as specified in the contract itself. At tender stage it would be unusual for the designs top be fixed and the drawings are generally not considered as "for construction" purposes. Indeed, it is very common practice for drawings issued at the tender stage to be stamped "Tender Issue" or similar.

The purpose of the drawings is to enable the bidders to provide a detailed estimate. If there are ny subsequent changes to the drawings, the Employer carries the risk.

I hope that this assists you.

Kind regards,
John Dowse

Follow me on Twitter: @CernoOrg
For my regular industry newsletter e-mail to info@cerno.org, stating SUBSCRIBE in the subject line; or visit www.cerno.org

Training and consulting services are available, bespoke to companies and individuals.
John Dowse can be contacted by e-mail to info@cerno.org (When e-mailing, please include “AllExperts” in the subject line.)

Construction Law

John Dowse