Construction Law/HOOH

Dear Sir

Emden formula is given by: H x C x PD/ 100 X CP

where :
H = head office percentage arrived at by dividing
the total overhead cost and profit of the Contractor’s
organization as a whole, by the total turnover.

C = contract sum

CP = contract period in weeks

PD = period of delay in weeks

My query is if the average overhead cost% is H1 & average profit% is H2 according to the past audited reports.

In the above formula whether the H is H1+H2 or H1 x H2.

Please explain

Hi Sudantha
The value H in Emden's is a simple division of overhead divided by turnover to get a percentage value. There is no + or x in the formula.
You have to understand that before you can apply this - or Hudson's - formula you have to pass through at least 5 credibility gateways - one of which is demonstrable proof that the company has turned away tenders because of lack of vital staff resources.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro

Anything related to extensions of time and delay analysis.

45 years in the Construction Industry 15 Years as a consultant delay analyst - I now hold myself to be expert in this field.

Society of Construction Law Adjudication Society ex Planning Engineers Organisation

6 articles on the relevance of the India Contract Act 1872 and its relevance to modern construction in India. Waiting Publication

Associate Member of the Institue of Building

Currently employed in India by Punj Lloyd as expert delay analyst. Engaged in ongoing arbitrations and EoT claims. Prior an Indepenent consultant in delay analysis.