Construction Law/Hudson Formula: UAE Precedent

Question
Dear sir,

Would you kindly advise whether or not you are aware of a judicial precedent in the UAE in relation to the use of the Hudson formula for the recovery of head office overheads during a period of delay. If affirmative, I would be grateful for the case number.

Sincerely,
Isam Saad Sahawneh

Answer
Hi Isam
A quick google search has no result for Hudson in UEA so I doubt that there is any case law available.
In any case the Hudson or Emden formula has to pass at least five credibility gates before it can be used.
That is why the formula is usually abandoned early in any claim negotiations.
In my opinion when I see it as a claim head it usually means that the rest of the case is weak.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro