Construction Law/Hudson Formula: UAE Precedent

Dear sir,

Would you kindly advise whether or not you are aware of a judicial precedent in the UAE in relation to the use of the Hudson formula for the recovery of head office overheads during a period of delay. If affirmative, I would be grateful for the case number.

Isam Saad Sahawneh

Hi Isam
A quick google search has no result for Hudson in UEA so I doubt that there is any case law available.
In any case the Hudson or Emden formula has to pass at least five credibility gates before it can be used.
That is why the formula is usually abandoned early in any claim negotiations.
In my opinion when I see it as a claim head it usually means that the rest of the case is weak.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro

Anything related to extensions of time and delay analysis.

45 years in the Construction Industry 15 Years as a consultant delay analyst - I now hold myself to be expert in this field.

Society of Construction Law Adjudication Society ex Planning Engineers Organisation

6 articles on the relevance of the India Contract Act 1872 and its relevance to modern construction in India. Waiting Publication

Associate Member of the Institue of Building

Currently employed in India by Punj Lloyd as expert delay analyst. Engaged in ongoing arbitrations and EoT claims. Prior an Indepenent consultant in delay analysis.