Construction Law/Item of Work

Question
what has priority in between,
1- Item Code, or
2-Name of Work?
as such in our BOQ a item has different Item Code then its nomenclature?
what we should follow item code or nomenclature?

Answer
Hi Farrukh
The BOQ is set by the rules of the Standard Method of Measurement(SMM)adopted by the particular type of work being undertaken.
The Item Description - your Name of Work - is derived from the SMM and supplemented by the "Item Coverage" which describes what has to be included in the price.
The Item Code is a simple way of tracking the BOQ item - it could be just a page number and line letter.
In more complex systems the code could be the Work Breakdown System (WBS) which enables the accounts system to track costs and progress of the work item.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro