Container Gardens/flower box choices

Can you offer some choices of flowers that will tolerate full sun. We have window boxes on our front windows of our home,which are south facing.With no sort of any shade,we have full sun for much of the day. In past years we have planted geraniums basically,but would like to plant something different for a change.Do you have any suggestions? Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi Ken, you didn't reference where you live, so I'm giving you a mixture,,,whatever you can find where you are will do fine; keep in mind any annual, even the heat lovers need a couple of inches of mulch to keep the soil evenly moist, and preventing it from drying out too fast. Window boxes tend to be shallow so this is very important to keep them from stressing. Here are my picks...Marigold, Vinca, Petunias, Verbena, Lantana Alysium and begonia. good luck!...Nick  

Container Gardens

nick mccann

I can give concise answers on growing plants in containers instead of the ground, why and how to plant them and how to maintain them.

Master Gardner in Charlotte County Florida,,with 10 years experience.

Master Gardner Association of Charlotte County, Florida

Associates Degree

I am currently also an expert in the Tropical Plant dept.