Continuing/Adult Education/Counselling course in US

HI Mam,
 I live in Mumbai, in India and i want to learn counseling that is in psychology or career either of the two from US.I actually am a writer and have written unpublished books.I want to study literature from a good Ivy League in US and work at a publishing company.I don't have the funds required to study in an Ivy League.Hence I plan to study counseling and work as a counselor while doing my literature course.
I have only done my graduation that is till 15th standard.Do I need a 15 +.If I do can I do it from US ,how much will it cost.

Hello Anupama,
Thanks for asking a question. As I am not wholly familiar with India's matriculation, is 15th standard the same as third year of college? or is it equal to a bachelor's degree? "Ivy League" schools are very expensive and competition to enter them is very strong.  If you wish to work at a publishing company, you would not need such an education.

There are various types of psychologists (counselors) and schooling is very specific to each type. "In order to become a licensed clinical psychologist, you need an undergraduate degree (4 to 5 years of college) plus a doctorate degree in psychology (4 to 7 years of graduate school). For this specialty area, most people will spend between 8 to 12 years in a higher education setting" (

I hope this information helps!
Dr. W  

Continuing/Adult Education

Dr. Cynthia J. Wolfe

Let me help you with questions about adult education and continuing education programs. If you are looking for a program or have questions about adult education in general, I can guide you. If you are a teacher looking for new ideas or methods, I can help. I have resources and ideas to share. I am a member of the National Business Education Association (NBEA), a professional organization devoted to the recognition that business education competencies are essential for all individuals in today's fast-changing society.

I am an instructor at the University of Phoenix, working in online and classroom modalities. I earned my PhD in Business Administration from Northcentral University, Prescott Valley, AZ. My MBA is from Troy University, 2001, and I have a BS, Environmental Science, from Troy University, 1980. Read about my experiences as an online student at my blog thinkPhD.

Delta Mu Delta National Business Honor Society; NBEA; Golden Key Honour Society; APICS; PMI

Associated Content

PhD Business Administration - Management, Northcentral University; MBA Troy University, Phenix City, AL; BS Environmental Science, Troy University, Troy, AL; APICS CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional)

APICS CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional)