Continuing/Adult Education/Further education

Hi I want to retrain as a photographer, I have a BA hons degree in business 2.1 and I'm not sure what my options are, do I have to do a degree in photography or can my degree despite being in a different discipline be used to skip to a higher level qualification? Like an MA? Or PG Dip?

Hello Louise,
In most cases, you would not need a degree to enter the photography industry. Photography is a wide field and you did not specify if you plan to work in the movie industry, open up a portrait business (small business), or work for a studio. Entry-level positions in the industry might include becoming a photography assistant, digital re-toucher, or a production assistant. If you wish to work for yourself, you may not even need a degree in photography. You may want to investigate a degree in graphic design. I suggest that you map out a career path and consider your options and confirm that a degree in photography will be worthwhile (and necessary) in your chosen field.  

Continuing/Adult Education

Dr. Cynthia J. Wolfe

Let me help you with questions about adult education and continuing education programs. If you are looking for a program or have questions about adult education in general, I can guide you. If you are a teacher looking for new ideas or methods, I can help. I have resources and ideas to share. I am a member of the National Business Education Association (NBEA), a professional organization devoted to the recognition that business education competencies are essential for all individuals in today's fast-changing society.

I am an instructor at the University of Phoenix, working in online and classroom modalities. I earned my PhD in Business Administration from Northcentral University, Prescott Valley, AZ. My MBA is from Troy University, 2001, and I have a BS, Environmental Science, from Troy University, 1980. Read about my experiences as an online student at my blog thinkPhD.

Delta Mu Delta National Business Honor Society; NBEA; Golden Key Honour Society; APICS; PMI

Associated Content

PhD Business Administration - Management, Northcentral University; MBA Troy University, Phenix City, AL; BS Environmental Science, Troy University, Troy, AL; APICS CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional)

APICS CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional)