Contraception and VD/Pregnancy and contraception

Hi, I am on the contraceptive combined pil microgynon30, I had my last pill in the 24th December and then had my pill free 7 days, on the 31st of December I took my first pill again, and also had unprotected sex, however instead of taking Wednesdays pill, I took Thursdays and I am now a day ahead with all of my pills. I am wondering could I be pregnant due to me having unprotected sex the day that I took my first pill after my pill free week and will having my pills in the wrong order affect effectiveness? Any help would be great thanks

Hello, I really can't tell you that. You should always take your pills correctly if possible. However, the birth control pill isn't 100% effective and you can always get pregnant, even taking the pills correctly. Did you find out if you are pregnant for sure? If not, or if you want a second opinion, you can get a free pregnancy test at a local pregnancy resource center. To find one near you, go to or and click on the worldwide directory. Let me know what happens.

Diane W.
You can email me at

Contraception and VD

I will be out of town for a few days and won't be able to answer questions. If you would like to email me, you may do so at and I will answer on my return. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each method of birth control? I can answer questions about the various forms of contraception/birth control. I have knowledge about condoms, Nuvaring, Depo provera, the Patch, birth control pills, IUD, etc. I can answer some questions about sexually transmitted diseases.

I have 25 years experience with counseling women about contraception methods and STDs.

25 years of volunteering and counseling young women. I volunteer with a local pregnancy resource center and have an internet ministry.