Contraception and VD/Condom use in college

I read that condom use in college actually declines as students become more educated, and that college freshmen use condoms on average twice as much as college seniors at the same school. Why would people use condoms less as they become more educated, or do you think this data might be misinterpreted or incomplete?

Actually from what I heard, college students across the board were likely to engage in safer sex the MORE education they had. It was WHEN you left college and got older the riskier your behaviors become. People tend to ignore the education they receive and give into their baser instincts in favor of riskier sexual gratification because of the thrill. Hence the reason why I received 1600 questions since February of this year and I get questions from people ages 16-60 and ALL of them amaze me. So the college student data might be a microcosm of society at large, but its still better than what you might think. I'll have to look into it more, but thanks for bringing it up!

Contraception and VD

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sex addictions, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Two term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 2 years and parenting educator for 2 years. *Certified Wellness Coach, Spencer Institute #1569339775 *Certified Holistic Life Coach, Spencer Institute #1567694241 *North Carolina State Registered Substance Abuse Counselor, #CSAC-20430 *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512

*Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University