Contraception and VD/Fertility

This was the only place I could think to post this question.  No where else seemed to look relevant. My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for six years. We both know for a fact that we never want to have children.
My boyfriend is very tall, he is 6 foot 5 1/2. However, he may have a low fertility rate. I was wondering if given the right information if you could tell me the likelihood if he is in fertile. He has one undescended testicle and the other is very close to his body. Also, his voice never cracked during puberty. Right now, he is uncomfortable with the idea of a Vasectomy so I am going to get essure done in a few months,  but, due to possible pregnancy from any birth control option,  I would feel much better if we both had forms of protection. So, what is the likelihood that he may be infertile?

He could be born with one testicle and it could be the size of a snow pea and he could be fertile! Unless he was born with Klinefelter's, intersex, hermaphroditic, or clinically sterile at birth, its safe to assume all men are fertile. So unless you bring him to a fertility specialist to run an exam, there's no way I could tell you via the internet what your boyfriend's testosterone counts and sperm ratios are. I would have him look into making an appointment with a urologist for further follow up. Let me know if you need follow up.

Best wishes,

Contraception and VD

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sex addictions, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Two term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 2 years and parenting educator for 2 years. *Certified Wellness Coach, Spencer Institute #1569339775 *Certified Holistic Life Coach, Spencer Institute #1567694241 *North Carolina State Registered Substance Abuse Counselor, #CSAC-20430 *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512

*Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University