Contraception and VD/Diseases transmitted through blood

I've heard that oral sex can be dangerous if there are any sores in a mouth and a couple should use a condom. Is that true? Would it mean you should always use protection, because you can never be sure that there aren't any fractures in the mouth tissue? Another thing I am concerned about is blood play. It's kind of a fetish of mine, but the only thing that's stopping me is safety. If partners taste each other blood and touch each other while both having any kind of open wound, would it be a way for a disease to get transmitted? And the final question, if both partners test for STI and none carries any diseases, would oral sex and playing with blood (small amount, don't worry) be safe?
Thank you very much

MOST, not all, but MOST STI's are transmitted through one of the following routes: blood, seminal fluid, and vaginal secretions. In HIV particularly, you can also add breast milk. As a health educator, I always suggest people who engage in intercourse outside a committed relationship to use a barrier method with any form of intercourse to prevent transmission-including oral sex. If you have been tested and are negative and your partners are negative, then you make your own decisions to use barrier methods for hygiene and added safety. Fetishes are simply that-something each of us may enjoy that is "contrary to the norm." And I have no qualms with yours, BUT I would advise you to be careful with future partners and engaging in blood play; particularly when related to kissing and oral intercourse IF you are not aware of their STI status because of the risk of herpes specifically. Herpes sores usually bleed and appear around the mouth, lips, so just a proviso. If you have any additional questions let me know, but as long as you and your play is consensual-do what makes you happy.

Contraception and VD

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sex addictions, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Two term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 2 years and parenting educator for 2 years. *Certified Wellness Coach, Spencer Institute #1569339775 *Certified Holistic Life Coach, Spencer Institute #1567694241 *North Carolina State Registered Substance Abuse Counselor, #CSAC-20430 *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512

*Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University