Cookery and Culinary Arts/Difference between a chopper and a food processor?

I'm a father of a child and am learning to cook better.

Could you pls explain the differences between a chopper and a food processor?

For example:

What should I buy if their functions are similar?

Thank you

Really the only difference between the 'chopper' and a food processor is the size - all that the Kenmore device is is a small food processor.

In my opinion, the only factor you really need to consider is the size of meals you will prepare.  If you are cooking for two or three, the small processor (chopper) should be fine for most things.  If you have a larger family, a larger food processor might be a good way to go.

Assuming that function/quality is similar, capacity and price are really your main points to consider.

Cookery and Culinary Arts

Adam W Price

I can answer general and specific questions related to all manner of food preparation, food cookery, and peripheral disciplines such as applied food science, nutrition, or sanitation. I am knowledgeable in meat, poultry and seafood fabrication, recipe development, world cuisines including 'fusion' styles, and all of the primary cooking methods (grilling, steaming, etc.). I can assist you with developing or redesigning recipes, planning for events (from a caterers point of view), troubleshooting recipes, identifying and working with unfamiliar ingredients or cooking methods, or (most importantly in my opinion) figuring out exactly why things happen the way they do. If we understand the science and reasoning behind our craft, then we can start learning how to cook instead of learning to recreate recipes. Other sides of the craft that I am experienced in include: sugar work (though limited experience with chocolate, sad to say), ice creams/sorbets, baking and pastry, wines (specifically when paired with foods), and others. If for some reason I cannot answer a question, I will do my best to point you toward a source that can.

I have nearly two decades of experience as a professional in the field, and I enjoy experimenting with new ideas on my own time. I have worked in restaurants ranging from quick service to fine dining, bakeries, butcher shops and institutions. I have done event planning and execution for large and small scale catered events. I have managed several kitchens and developed menus ranging from simple buffets to elaborate multi-course meals. I have an extensive library of recipe books as well as books on cooking techniques, food science, food safety, and nutrition.

I graduated with high honors from the Culinary Institute of America (Hyde Park). I am ServSafe certified for food safety and sanitation, and I take this very seriously.