Cooking Meat/Cooking time for 19.9 lb standing rib

Question
Hello, Enrique,
Couldyou recommend cooking time/temperature for a whole standing rib roast?  Meat is 19.9 pounds and will be cooked in a conventional over. I have been looking and find much advice...esp not to salt the meat before cooking.  Do you agree with this as well?

Thank you so much,
Susan

Answer
Susan:
Always is so difficult to define, theoretically, cooking time and temperature.

The most practical way to do this is the following:

Set the oven´s temperature about 350 F, and use a thermometer and check internal temperature of meat (into the thickest part of ribs, close to the bones) each 45  minutes to define the right cooking time.

If you do so, and internal temperature is about 170F is time to take out the oven and serve, depending on your personal prefference about doneness.

About salt, according to my experience, is better if you use coarse salt, to rub all the surface of meat before cooking. This helps to reduce dryness.

I hope this information helps you, and don´ta hesitate to contact me for further information,

Merry crhistmas and the happiest new year!!

Enrique  

Cooking Meat

Enrique Torres www.juicymeatexperts.com