Cooking Meat/Steak/Beef tartare

Question
Steak Tartare
Steak Tartare  
I'm curious how Steak/Beef Tartare is actually prepared.
One person told Me that the meat is lightly seared before processing, another told Me it was genuinely raw.
Can someone prepare this dish at home using ingredients from a grocery store?
Included is a photo of the exact dish I enjoyed, and am referring to (it included quail egg).

Thank you!

Answer
Amanda:
As far I know, the original recipe is raw.
It has a long history from the Mongolians worriors to the post war France, from which is the recipe you shown.

And of course you can prepare this dish at home using ingredients from any grocery store.

You just need chopped onions, chopped parsley, salt, black pepper, powder garlic, minced meat and any bird egg yolk(quail/hen/duck/).

You just blend onions, salt, pepper and garlic with meat and on the top put the egg yolk+ parsley.

I´d like to use a shot of lemmon juice to be mixed with the meat just after all other ingredients, but before the egg yolk, and recommend to eat with fresh french bread or any pita, moreover some tortillas could be good!

There are concerns about the raw meat (parasites), but it always depends on how clean is your meat purveyor.

Good luck and let me know if you prepare it!!

Happy new year and God bless you.
Enrique

Cooking Meat

Enrique Torres www.juicymeatexperts.com