Cooking Meat/canning wild geese

Question
how would you can wild guess (in oven not pressure cooker)?  should I add broth? in receip it says  no salt other wild meat I add coarse salt

Answer
You should cook the meat through.  If you don't have a pressure cooker, you can roast or even stew the meat in large pieces.  They need to be cooked thoroughly, then packed in the jars and then hot broth poured over them.  Leave 1/2 inch of head space, heat the jars in a canning pot and then seal the jars.

I have never canned meat using the cold raw pack method.  You can pack jars with chilled meat, and put 1 teaspoon of salt in the jar before sealing.

In both cases cut as much of the fat and gristle from the meat.

You can use chicken broth if you don't have any other broth.

Cooking Meat

Keith Patton