Cooking Meat/pressure cooker spinner

What's that thing on top of the pressure cooker (alimunum) /w no gauges, (manual type), ?  It violontly spins and knockcs and I put the precise measurement for beans (dried), soaked for 10-15 min and it got burned and all the water evaporeted.  Are you suppose to put a towel on top and will it affect that top spinner?  Used range oven (or regular stove top) open flame, medium heat.  Should u add more water as well, if needed by reopening?

Itīs a valve.

The most important is you to know that what cooks your food inside a pressure cooker is steam generated by heating water under pressure.

It is a very fast cooking method specially for beans and other hard food.

If your beans got burned and water evaporated probably was due to a bad adjustment of the top or a bad condition of the internal topīs band, that permitted seteam/water went out.

To put a towel on the top is a very risky practice, because if you block steam generaed inside the cooker it can explode.

To use it correctly just be sure that the top has a good adjustment and/or the internal band has to be in very good conditions and position.

Finally, you can add more water by reopening the cooker if you need. BUT TAKE IN ACCOUNT THAT IS A PRESSURE COOKER AND INTERNAL HEAT IS SO HIGH, DONīT OPEN IT WHEN HEAT!! you have to let it cool and then open.

I reccommend to go to

Good luck,

Cooking Meat

Enrique Torres

More than 9 Yr. experience in R&D and business development of new ingredients and processes related to beef steaks and other meat fillets improvement for institutional and industrial customers in the following fields: Raw meat: Increasing cualinariy quality in beef staks/ fillets while: a. Reducing/eliminating ageing time in beef cuts. b. Reducing dripp loss in vaccum packed beef. c. Increasing culinary quality not only in premium, but also cheap beef cuts. d. Obtaining microbiologically safe products. Cooked meat: a. Increasing cooking yield in meat steaks/fillets from beef, chicken , pork and fish. b. Reducing / eliminates customerīs complains about hardness, lack of juiciness or size of meat steaks/fillets from beef, chicken, pork and fish. c. Reducing cooking times of meat steaks/fillets about 20%. d. Developing pre-cooking methods of meat steaks/fillets ensuring culinary quality and controling costs. e.Safe and agile new sous vide processing methods applied to meat steaks/fillets. f. Developing new meat products according to market needs and new potential businesses. Expertise in meat steaks/fillets cooking methods: a. Sauté. b. Grilling c. Friying. d. Convenction oven. e. Combined oven (Combi). f. Sous Vide Industries of expertise: a. Slaughtering hauses. b. Beef purveyors. c. Poultry purveyors. d. Catering (army, schools, hospitals) e. Restaurant chains. f. Sous Vide chicken breast processor. g. Meat Ingredients Companies. Specialties MEAT STEAKS/FILLETS PROCESSING SOUS VIDE MEAT STEAK/FILLETS PROCESSING. IMPROVED MEAT STEAKS/FILLETS MARKETING AND BUSINESS

Iībeen working on studies in meat fillets cooking since 2000, my expertise is based on the lastest studies in meat histology changes related to ageing, storage and cooking process and recipes. My expertise is focused on juiciness and tenderness improvement and yield increasing.

In spanish: Translation: Improvement of culinary quality of beef during cooking process. A ( U$150.000)investigation work. about how to cook 4 standard beef cuts, while reducing ageing time and loses, using last edible technolgy (steam barrier).

La Salle Univ. Animal Scientist 1986-1992 National University of Colombia Food and Science Technology focused on meat processing.1992-1994 Andes University (Colombia) Marketing Specialist 1997-1999 Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia) Food Marketing 2001 Meat processors consultant since 2002.

Grupo Carbón de Palo (Colombia) Pizza Hut (Colombia)