Cooking Meat/Frozen boneless turkey roll

Question
Hello: I would like to cook a 2 lb turkey roll (boneless)in my tabletop Jetstream convection oven,but there is nothing in the owner's manual about it.In the regular oven,it takes  2 hours.
The product comes in an oven roasting bag.How long should I cook it from the frozen state?
Thanks!

Answer
Michael:

I would not cook it from the frozen state.  Defrost it.  Cooking it frozen will not allow it to cook evenly, the outside will be overcooked by the time the inside it done.

Thaw the meat, remove from the bag, then slather a thick coating of softened butter on the roll, add any seasoning you might like: Cajun or other dry rub.  Place in the bag and place in a preheated convection oven.  

Heat the oven to 325F and then put the roll in.

Cook for 1.5 hours, or 3/4 of the time it would take in a regular oven.

Near the end, remove from the bag and place it back in the oven to brown lightly.  Add a bit more butter before you brown it.  

Save the drippings in the bag to make gravy.  Use either cornstarch mixed with cold water, or cornstarch mixed with a milk, put drippings in a sauce pan, heat and stir in water-milk cornstarch mix until it thickens.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add chicken bullion if more flavor is needed.

Cooking Meat

Keith Patton