Cooking Meat/Cooking multiple prime rib

Two bone in prime rib roasts at approx 8-9 lbs each.  Can I roast in same oven together calculating cooking time for only one roast?  Also, can I use convection and what would calculation be for high sear and then turn oven off to complete cooking?

Yes you can roast both in the same oven calculating cooking time for only one roast. What I suggest is to use a thermometer to check internal temperature. there are some brands at Waltmart (I use Taylor. That with a probe you can put into the meat to check temperature while piece is inside the oven. So práctical).

The right time is according to the right temperature depending on how well cooked you prefer the meat:

The second part of your question, the answer is yes of course you can use the convection oven for high sear and turn it off to complete cooking. The best tool to be sure you are cooking right is the internal temperature as metioned before.

Please let me know if you have any other question or need more information,

Best regards,

Cooking Meat

Enrique Torres

More than 9 Yr. experience in R&D and business development of new ingredients and processes related to beef steaks and other meat fillets improvement for institutional and industrial customers in the following fields: Raw meat: Increasing cualinariy quality in beef staks/ fillets while: a. Reducing/eliminating ageing time in beef cuts. b. Reducing dripp loss in vaccum packed beef. c. Increasing culinary quality not only in premium, but also cheap beef cuts. d. Obtaining microbiologically safe products. Cooked meat: a. Increasing cooking yield in meat steaks/fillets from beef, chicken , pork and fish. b. Reducing / eliminates customer´s complains about hardness, lack of juiciness or size of meat steaks/fillets from beef, chicken, pork and fish. c. Reducing cooking times of meat steaks/fillets about 20%. d. Developing pre-cooking methods of meat steaks/fillets ensuring culinary quality and controling costs. e.Safe and agile new sous vide processing methods applied to meat steaks/fillets. f. Developing new meat products according to market needs and new potential businesses. Expertise in meat steaks/fillets cooking methods: a. Sauté. b. Grilling c. Friying. d. Convenction oven. e. Combined oven (Combi). f. Sous Vide Industries of expertise: a. Slaughtering hauses. b. Beef purveyors. c. Poultry purveyors. d. Catering (army, schools, hospitals) e. Restaurant chains. f. Sous Vide chicken breast processor. g. Meat Ingredients Companies. Specialties MEAT STEAKS/FILLETS PROCESSING SOUS VIDE MEAT STEAK/FILLETS PROCESSING. IMPROVED MEAT STEAKS/FILLETS MARKETING AND BUSINESS

I´been working on studies in meat fillets cooking since 2000, my expertise is based on the lastest studies in meat histology changes related to ageing, storage and cooking process and recipes. My expertise is focused on juiciness and tenderness improvement and yield increasing.

In spanish: Translation: Improvement of culinary quality of beef during cooking process. A ( U$150.000)investigation work. about how to cook 4 standard beef cuts, while reducing ageing time and loses, using last edible technolgy (steam barrier).

La Salle Univ. Animal Scientist 1986-1992 National University of Colombia Food and Science Technology focused on meat processing.1992-1994 Andes University (Colombia) Marketing Specialist 1997-1999 Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia) Food Marketing 2001 Meat processors consultant since 2002.

Grupo Carbón de Palo (Colombia) Pizza Hut (Colombia)